Thursday, March 7, 2024

“Damaged Goods” by L.J Shen

 


I absolutely love all L.J Shen’s books! I fell in love with the characters from Sinners of Saint series and All Saints High and I knew that this book will be a hard story to read because of… Rosie. Yeah, she’s gone but her presence is always there. But first things first.

“Life is a journey, and no road worth taking is smooth and bumpless. Life is a borrow, not a gift”



Lev and Bailey are the youngest children and they love each other since they were kids. But their road to happiness isn’t easy and they have to change a lot before claiming each other. Bailey has many demons to fight and in order to do that she has to accept that it’s ok not to be perfect. Lev has to realize that he must fight for what he wants to do in his life and not try to please his family. Thankfully, they do themselves right and they get their HEA!

Now, let’s talk about the elephant in the room. Yeah, I am talking about Dean Cole. I read many negative reviews because of his decision. Why? It’s pretty clear that not only he absolutely LOVES Rosie but also he can’t move on. What more do you want? He is still young and he’s lonely! I adore him because I want to be loved like he love Rosie, but I am sad that he’s alone. You truly believe that he could love Dixie like Rosie? No fucking way. It’s not the same at all. And the fact that they want to name their baby Rosie is amazing.

I am sad that this series came to an end! I love them all! Absolutely amazing series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“The Cruel Prince” by Holly Black

  My reading slump is awful these days but this book was very good and made me want to read and finish a book again! I really love the wor...